Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving. My parents and brother and his family came to town. It rained for 2 days, which it never rains. But it was still fun we played games, watched movies and had a nice relaxing couple of days. Friday we went to Calico Basin and hiked around. It was just beautiful. The kids had a great time. We watched a lot of football. Saturday Adam's family came into town. And I have to say I'm always nervous when combining two families. You just want everyone to be happy, not bored, and definatly not hungry. So it can be stressful. I have to thank Dana. She was just on the ball and so prepared and helped to bring food so that was great. We enjoyed the park for about 2 hours playing track ball and horse shoes. Everyone I believe had a great time. I enjoyed myself immensely and was not stressed at all. Today we blessed Ashdon. Adam always does a great job. And today was no exception. He gave Ashdon a beautiful blessing. I think Ashdon will be a strength for our family and strong in the gospel. I'm so grateful for preisthood blessings. Then we came home and of course ate some great food. Thanks to Mom, Jacque, Adrianne, Dana, and Steph. I was left with a clean kitchen and a house full of food and way to much dessert. Oh well it must be the holidays. I'm so grateful right now for all of my blessing. My cup runneth over. I love family they are the best. Happy Holidays.

5 comments:

mariann and Tory said...

Congrats on the baby blessing! I love it when family comes to visit! That is awesome that they cleaned your house! Can I sign up to have them clean mine? Haha

Perry Family said...

Sounds like you had a most enjoyable thanksgiving, with two families...how wonderful!!

Chels said...

Sounds like you had fun! I love baby blessings, they are so special. That's so nice that they left your house nice and clean for you!

I got your comment on my blog. I liked the movie. It wasn't as good as the book of course, but I think they did a really good job on it! It's been fun to watch!

TisforTonya said...

you've gotta love when company leaves you with a clean house - Yay :) Glad you had a nice holiday/blessing/visit, despite the rain :)

Kamille said...

I just wanted to say I love you. Thanks for posting so I can keep up with your life!