Sunday, May 24, 2009

Funny things!

So just a quick (yeah right) update on us:

We've been doing a lot and I am drawing a blank so here are the highlights of the kids

Aden: Aden is getting older and now I realize I need to read his books before he reads them. Mind you he will stay up for hours reading. We have to tell him to stop reading and to be honest he is so quiet we forget about him. So He checked a book out of the school library called Ice Fire. No biggy seems alright. Well after he is all finished he tells me about a part in the book where this guy is kissing another guys girlfriend and I'm praying that that is all they are doing. And then I'm wondering how much is it describing because I know some of the books I read and how descriptive they were. I wanted to ask how much did it describe and please tell me it didn't say anything about hands moving around anywhere. I tell ya I don't have time to read my own books let alone his books too. So we talked about it and how kissing is not good until you are older. He said, "Yeah this guy was in college. But why would someone writing a book for kids put kissing in it!" I'm thinking the same thing. Aden seems so older than his age it is hard. We have him practicing babysitting and let me tell you he is really stepping it up. He does a great job and wants a list of things he has to do. It's great to watch his whole demeanor change when he knows he's in charge. The hard thing though is a friend of ours pays her daughter. I don't know what to do I never got paid it was just expected. I can understand her reasoning but at the same time I don't know what to do. We are thinking of just giving him some more privileges. Ah we'll see. He also did his hair one day this week. It is a step up from him not caring that he looks like a cockatoo.

Morgan: Morgan has lost 4 teeth. One in December that still has not come in. Aden's have come in pretty straight. i'm afraid that morgans are going to come in all messed up. So far not too bad. She was part of a spotlight in school. Adam and I had to write her a letter telling her why we appreciate her. That was really fun. You hope your kids know that you love them but it's good for them to hear specifics as to why. One big thing that both Adam and I wrote was about how big a help she is with Ashdon and Maryn. It's hard separating Morgan and Aden. We require so much from her and from Aden that they sometimes seem the same age but alas they are not and I don't know how to fix that. She loves to make funny faces when we take her picture.

Austin: So funny story. I was nursing Ashdon and Austin asked, "Why does milk come out of your boobies." I replied, "To feed the baby and that is how God made it. It's healthy for them and that's just how it is." Austin stares at me for a while then says, "I wish I could suck on your boobies, but I can't." I tell you what I was rollin laughing so hard tears were coming out. Eventually he said, "Mom stop laughing." To which I replied, "I can't that was so funny but don't say it again." I was having a very stressful day one day and he had been around me when I was destressing by telling Adam everything. When we get home he goes to play with the neighbors. Shortly I get a phone call, "So Austin tell's me your having a very crappy day." So I have to be careful what I say around him. I often think he's in his own world but he definately absorbs a lot.

Maryn: She loves to dance and shake her hips. I'm sure she got her moves from her dad. Heaven knows my hips don't move that way. She also has a fun boobie story. She came to me one day and asked why I had boobies so I answer and I tell her that someday when she is older she will have boobies too. With a look of awww. "I will have boobies too when I grow up." Yep "I'm going to go tell Austy that I will have boobies when I grow up" I'm sure the Austy will experience a little boobie envy.

Ashdon: He gets around and eats a lot. It costs about 15 dollars a week jus to feed that kid. I can't believe it. But he sure is happier when he's full. He'll be on his stomach and he does the army crawl really well, he'll stiffen his legs and toes to raise his body off of the floor in an effort to cover more space. He also tries to pull himself up to things already. I can't believe it time flies. Just an update Adam didn't fax the paper over for the voting for cutest baby until 5:10 and the cut off was 5:00 so he missed it. We still know that he is the cutest baby.

So in a nutshell that's us.

6 comments:

TisforTonya said...

laughing my head off with your blunt kids!

We ran into a lot of that same thing with needing to read the books the kids were reading... thus the birth of www.whatallthekidsarereading.blogspot.com - check it out... of course, I've never read that IceFire book, you're welcome to write it up for the site :)

Chelsi said...

Your kids crack me up! I can't imagine where they get that ability to be straight to the point with people they love. ;o)

As for the babysitting, please don't feel pressure to pay him just because the neighbor kid gets paid. I never got paid--it was just one of those things that came with being part of the family. Sometimes, my parents would be me something to say thanks.

Tony, Julie and family! said...

so funny about the boobie remarks!!! You know I never got paid either when I babysat...and I don't pay my kids to do it either. However, Austen (my oldest) does get other privileges from babysitting, so it all works out. I think they learn more from earning things they want than just handing them money, so you're on the right track! ;)

Kamille said...

How I miss you. I'm trying to imagine you pulling it together to discourage Austen from such conversation. He is a clever little rabbit. I'm working on getting Syd to step up and babysit. I think she needs some more lessons and work. It would be helpful to me if she could just keep the kids for 30 minutes here and there.

Kathy said...

Holy cow! I came across your blog and was so happy to see that it was you. I don't know if you remember me but I lived on the opposite side of the block from you in St. George. I loved reading a little about your family. Everyone is so big. I would like to keep reading your blog if that is okay with you.

Lyndsay said...

Hah, your kids are too funny, they seriously crack me up!