Sunday, January 11, 2009

Never re-read your own blog


So I frequently make fun of people who spell incorrectly or make mistakes on their blogs because sometimes it's really funny. But I have been put in my place. Adam decided to actually read our blog tonight and I'm terrible. I have so many mistakes. He's cracking up and saying he thinks he needs to take over the blog. Yah right. So for now I will just stop making fun of others cuz mine is awful. So sorry to all of you who've had to read this and notice all of my errors. I blame it on being incredibly late every time I have time to do this. Oh and having the TV on doesn't help either because it distracts me. Anyways, to the good stuff. Ashdon laughed today. It was just timid like he was trying it out but he did it several times. It is the cutest. He's also sleeping great at night which I love. Maryn wanted a carrot but I was about to serve dinner so I said no. So she gets into the fridge, gets a carrot, looks at me, holds the carrot up and says, "Ah ha, I got a carrot!" And then she ran off. I didn't even try to get it from her. First of all it's a carrot and second it was really funny. She's also regressing. The other day she fell asleep with a pacifier in her mouth. I took pictures and I left it in there because I thought it was funny. Now when she's hurt she asks for her ba ba or fire fighter (pacifier but it sounds like fire fighter). The other night at dinner prayer it was her turn so I was helping her. It went something like this. "Thank you for this food, bless it to make us big and strong," and then we usually end it, so I said "in the name," And instead of repeating it she says bless us to play the Wiif (Which is Wii but she always adds an f). And then she ends the prayer. She also was playing with a pretend phone and she had a conversation with herself but it went something like this. "Oh yeah, I got it from santa. I looooooooooove itttttttt, It's my faaaaaaaavorite. Bye bye I love you." Austin believe it or not didn't do anything this week that really stands out. Unless you count not listening, beligerantly saying no and talking back. I swear he's gotten away with to much and now he thinks he can do what he wants. Morgan is just, well clutsy. She's scraped her knuckles because she fell off her bike. She scraped her knee because she was walking outside. It's amazing she survives each day. Aden is physical. Everything is wrestling, or karate, or kung phu(spelling) fighting. He just can't seem to contain himself. Every second he and Austin are fighting and one of them (mostly Austin) is crying because they are hurt. I told Adam today, I've lost control, there's no respect and I'm going insane. So welcome to crazy land, it's always fun here.

7 comments:

TisforTonya said...

I suppose that it would be insensitive of me to now point out the austin/ashdon mistake? Don't worry - I'm one of those that gets a kick out of other peoples' oopses but then... lo and behold - make a doozy of one on my own blog. I've decided to never look back, kind of like my scrapbooks...

Haven always says she misses Morgan when we read your blog - they are obviously growing older together because she's a klutz too :)

Chels said...

You know, I'm struggling with the no respect, no control thing too. It's very frustrating. If you figure out a way to gain back control, please let me know!!

Brooke said...

HI Kollen! It's Brooke (from the ward). So! Email me at brookesjunkmail@gmail.com so I can add you guys to my readers. (Being private is such the pits) The links for digi scrapbooking are on my favorite sites list and call me or whatever if you have more questions, I would be happy to help!

Brooke said...

very cute blog by the way!

The Teagan Times said...

Oh no you are spell checking!?!?! Well for sure you noticed my Food Sotrage post then. If it makes you feel better I can't remember a single typo in your blog. I think we are all so busy and happy to have a moment to read someone's post no one notices. I love the cute stories about the kids. Keep them coming mistakes and all.

Traci said...

I have reread my blog before and wondered how in the world did people understand what I was saying? I love the update and it sounds like you guys are doing great!

KA said...

Your family is DARLING!
If I reread a post I often end up unposting it from embarassment. So, part of the beauty of social blogging is to accept us in our imperfection. Otherwise, we'd all stop posting.