Friday, April 3, 2009

Austin. . .is anyone home .

Sometimes I wonder if Austin is running on all cylinders. He reminds me of my brother whom we always said was in Lolo's land. And he'll admit that he was often wandering in his thoughts. I cannot tell you how many times I've thought "What in the Hell's the matter with you!", or a wonderful phrase learned from my father. .. Use your head. It takes all of my strength to not strangle him. So today he's eating almonds. I like that he enjoys nuts because they are healthy for you. He's throwing them in the air and trying to catch them in his mouth. I'm trying to get ready for company so I'm not really paying much attention. I come down to the kitchen a little bit later to throw something away and in the trash are about 20 to 30 nuts. I just bought the bag of nuts yesterday and they are not cheap. So I'm livid. Why are these nuts in the trash???? Austin says, well they fell on the ground so I had to throw them away (He's so much like his father no 10 second rule or nothing). I didn't know what to say except here is what I said. What is wrong with you? I just mopped the floor so they are not even dirty, and that's a waste of money, I can't believe you would do that. You can't have anymore nuts and you are going to eat those out of the trash can. Blah blah blah blah. So being the good son that he is he comes to the trash and timidly grabs an almond and just as he's about to put it into his mouth.....I come to my senses and say don't eat it. Whew that was close! Anyways, needless to say he's forgotten about it completely. He's in Austy land it must be nice there, he's there a lot.

On another note, Aden tried a new cereal today. Instead of pouring a small bowl just to taste it he pours his normal size which is a lot. He then decides he doesn't like it. I again get irritated because it's such a waste so I tell him your going to eat it. He gags down a couple more bites and then decides he's done. I say fine but your owe me 5 dollars. He comes down with 5 dollars in change, "Morgan wastes food all of the time and she doesn't have to pay money for it. Why do I have to do it." I can't believe he actually got money. He must of really not liked that cereal.

So I think I'm borderline pshycotic maybe one of these days I'll have something that doesn't make me seem so crazy.

3 comments:

Kamille said...

As I was at Wal*Mart yesterday, I thought, "Does Kollen do this often? I would be out of patience so fast if I had any more of thises little lovelies on my hands!" You are quite the woman. I live in awe.

mariann and Tory said...

You are soo funny! No 10 second rule?! What?! We have that rule UNLESS tory is around! Then it is in the garbage! Haha!

TisforTonya said...

glad that my M watches Martha Speaks - because now we can just call it "floor food" and she will eat it :) (she loves almonds too)

those "crazy" moments are part of what make us moms - I frequently want to strangle my kids for wasting milk and fruit.