Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kids are mean

Today Aden came home from school and said he'd had a bad day but that he wanted to tell me about it in private. He didn't want Morgan and Austin to hear. He said two of his good friends said, "No offense, but your annoying!" And then he proceeds to tell me the other reasons he thinks these two boys are not his friends anymore. They used to be good friends but now they are being rude. I'm so sad for my son. I want to make it all better but there is nothing I can do and I'm pretty sure I went through the same thing. And I turned out all right.

7 comments:

wermakingmemories said...

unfortunately it just gets harder. You want to protect them from anything bad and now you have to worry about their self esteem. Luckily kids bounce back and they will be the best of friends again. Although this is always a good time to steer them away from certain friends that you my not approve of. good luck

Taylor and Heidi Moore said...

that's tough. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that-yet. but that sucks!

The Gibsons said...

They get meaner and meaner at younger ages. I have had that with all my kids. It breaks your heart and your not sure what to do. Hopefully things will work out for him.

TisforTonya said...

it seems that cruelty is happening WAY earlier these days - just makes you want to keep them home and hold them until they're grown...

Jene and Megan said...

Kids are so mean!! I remember being bullied myself..*shudder* I hope everything works out for Aiden but maybe it's a good thing he's not friends with them because they aren't very nice.

Lyndsay said...

Geez, kids are mean. Poor little guy. I think you are right though everyone has had something like that happen to them as a child. Hopefully it wont continue

mariann and Tory said...

That sucks! Tell him the Baxters can come open up a can of whoop butt for him, serious, point them out and we can tag team em!