Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First day of school

The first day of the new school year. Morgy get's to go all day! I thought that would be great but Maryn and Austin are much harder on their own than with watchful older siblings.

We also get to walk to school this year. Morgy likes to lolly gag and Aden want's to get to where he's going as fast as possible. So they are learning to watch out for each other.
So the first day was eventful to say the least. None of the water bottles were clean so we went with out water. As we are waiting for school to start each kid goes and stands in their line and does a few things like the pledge of allegiance and the school pledge. Usually it takes under 5 minutes but today it was considerably longer. So next thing I know my friend comes and tells me that they've taking Morgy and they were fanning her. I rush (as quick as a large pregnant lady can) to the nurses office and walk in to find morgy pasty white. The nurse asks her how she feels and she looks at me and says much better. We get her some water and she's ready to go back to class. She was a bit nervous but her teacher was great and didn't hesitate to get her to where she needed to go. So I get home and have been home for about 40 minutes when the school calls me. Um, yeah this is the nurse we have Aden here in the office and he threw up. WHAT!!! So what do you want to do. Um let me think I will come and get him. I get there and the nurse says oh this one is yours too. Yep that's me. Then as I'm checking him out she says "He'll be our first sick kid of the year!" Yeah for me. I bring him home and we give him some gatorade stuff and three pieces of toast with cinnamon and sugar because if you've just thrown up that will make things all better. After about 30 minutes he's running around and talking non-stop. He's totally fine so back to school he goes. And that was our first day of school experience.

No comments: