Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coolest mom Ever

I am the coolest mom ever. Actually once in a while I will do something that goes above and beyond regular mother things at least for me. So I did some cooking classes for my kids and of course I didn't take a picture so no pic's again. Well each kid got to choose 2 friends to come to their class. I did 3 different classes for the my kids so that it would be age appropriate and not so crowded. Well Aden did chocolate snickerdoodles, morgan did an apple spice cookie (yuuuuummmmy) and austin did chocolate pudding, and lunch. I have to say the class I enjoyed the most was Austins. They were just so excited and loved mixing and pouring the ingredients. It was great. I mostly did it so that my kids can learn to cook and use fractions but they enjoyed just about everything. So that's my post Kudos to me.

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

You ARE the coolest mom ever. I need to teach my kids to cook. Here I homeschool and I can't even find the time to teach my kids basic skills. I am seriously up in the night right now thinking about how I need to teach them some serious phone skills.

Traci said...

You are so freaking cool. That is such a great idea! I love it!

Chelsi said...

What a fun idea! You come up with some very "cool mom" moments.

Rachel said...

Way to go Kollen! Look at you putting those teacher skills to work. And, YES, you are a cool mom! :)

TisforTonya said...

you are a cool mom!!! you rock - I usually just want to kick them out of the kitchen on their cooking night, but I'm getting better at it... Po actually made most of last night's dinner with just minor supervision!

The Gibsons said...

You are the coolest. I need to do the samething with Sloane. I have done it many times with the boys. There are even times when they make dinner. Chandler makes a killer french toast. I am glad your kids had fun as well as you.

Kamille said...

That is such a clever idea. I should do that. I have a house full of girls and maybe some day I won't have to cook at all because I'll have everyone else do it for me. Then they can clean up after themselves, too. Sorry, I just had one of those movie moments where I flash into the scene where I'm sitting in the kitchen reading a book while my girls are all sharing the chore load and dinner is to be served shortly. Hey. A girl can dream.

Jill said...

What a cute idea.

I suck!