Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Expensive Popsicles

So this is just an add on to the post below because believe it or not both of these things happened today. So I was going to play battleship with austin when I heard Maryn in the bathroom kind of choking on something. Well she decided to drink some baby oil. So I call poison control I should have just called my sister cuz she's amazing and always knows what to do. But I usually do and I was trying to be independent and grown up and all. So Poison control says you better take her in because if it gets into her lungs it will coat the lining of the lungs and could cause pnuemonia or other breathing issues and where she has breathing issues to begin with. He says we are going to call the hospital and let them know that you are coming and give them some recomendations of what to do. The emergency room doctor was like what are you doing here. I don't think there is anything wrong but we'll keep her for observation. So Austin and Maryn got a popsicle. And maryn was totally fine. AAAAHHHHH $$$$$$$$$ is all I could think as the clock was ticking. We were only there for about 1 1/2 hours so not to bad but man what a day.

8 comments:

Kamille said...

Do you have a towel? I'd just go ahead and throw it in if I were you. What a poopy day!

Ryan and Laura said...

Hi Kollen! We had an expensive popsicle on Wednesday too! We started in Urgent care and ended up at the Summerlin ER with our little guy. We got to leave with a yummy popsicle and a sippy cup- so I guess we got a little more for our money :) Tyler had an IV, catheter, xrays.....it was quite the adventure. Hope your days have calmed down a ton!

The Teagan Times said...

I'm glad you went in though I say this thing on TV about baby oil years ago. I've been afraid to buy it since for that very reson. I thought they started putting the child saftey caps on it. What a day! I hope you went to bed early. I was hoping to see you guys at the wedding. We can't go. Ian has a bunch of stuff this weekend. I'm so sad. I was really looking forward to it. I really like Neil and I'm so happy he found such a great girl. Tell everyone hello for us.

The Gibsons said...

Don't you love it when there is a storm cloud over your head and everything just falls apart. Good thing you always know tomorrow is going to be better.

Perry Family said...

Oh Kollen!! I know those panic feelings all too well! I'm so glad he was safe and that your daughter didn't get any harmful effects from the baby oil!! SHEESH!! Does everything have to happen all in one day!!!

Brooke said...

Hey Kollen! I love reading your blog. I love the way you write and express yourself, how you are real and down to earth, honest and just that you are willing to share your experiences.

Lyndsay said...

Oh man thats stressful! Im sure those will be pretty expensive popsicles, lets hope not though!

TisforTonya said...

You have had the week from Hades!

Time to fluff your aura - or at least go out in disguise so that "fate" can start throwing all the crap toward someone else!!!