Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fun Weekend







This past weekend was a whole lot of fun. It was a fast weekend but as always we made the most of it. We went to Cedar City for Kaitlyns baptism. Saturday morning we woke up to the wonderful surprise of snow falling. It was beautiul and the kids loved it. Aden is our biggest fan of snow and it was all we could do to get him out of it and into the house at times. So with all that snow we couldn't let it go to waste so we went sledding. We took Brynlee and Dallin with us and had a great time. Aden and Dallin kept trying to hit a jump that was made out of snow. I think they hit it several times and just loved it when they would go flying. Maryn didn't like it until more towards the end and then she kept climbing on with whomever was going down the hill. We kept going down the hill even though all of us were completely exhausted. We just didn't want to quit having fun. But alas the legs gave out on us and we couldn't continue to climb the hill. It was great. Then we went to the Baptism which was just perfect. And the food afterwards was excellent. Needless to say it was a very fun, refreshing weekend.


Kids know how to get what they want. Maryn was calling me and grabbing my hand. I couldn't quite figure out what she wanted. Then she grabbed my hand and put it down by her crotch. I asked do you have pooh. No. But she kept doing it. I looked at Austin and he had his shirt pulled up so that you could see his tummy. Well Maryn wanted me to unsnap her onesie so that she could also lift her shirt up. Thank heaven for words, but as you can see we could get along with out them if absolutely necessary.


On the way home from Cedar the kids wanted some of this snack stuff we had. I was trying to figure out how to get it to them all with out it getting all over the car. Well I had some cardstock but no tape. With a little exploring I found some old tags for christmas trees that we had not used. I rolled the cardstock up, made a little cup, used the tree tag for tape and wha la there's a cup. Pretty ingenious if you ask me and it just goes to show that if you keep your car completely clean all the time your left with nothing and your dreams of being Macgyver are over.


It was a beautiful drive home. We drove through snow, rain, sleet, and a lot of wind and sand storms. But the earth and sky are just so beautiful.

8 comments:

Chelsi said...

Kollen, I think you are the closest person to MacGyver that I know! Looks like you guys had a great time in the snow.

Chels said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! I have one too, but I really don't keep it up like I should. Maybe I'll use you as motivation. Fun pictures! I'm so tired of the snow! Lucky you living in Vegas!!

Unknown said...

Kollen...I am so glad you have a blog now! Your kids just get cuter everytime I see them! We have a blog...check it out sometime..it's thelovellclan.blogspot.com

Chels said...

I didn't know if I should answer you here or on my blog, so I obviously chose here, you'll probably see it easier! I use the Mother Goose Time that you told me about. I'm really liking it, it's easy to supplement and the kids are having a blast with it!zh

Dana Marchant said...

Welcome to the Blog World! Such cute pics like yours need to be shared. Hope you enjoyed coming home to weather slightly warmer than Cedar City! We are headed up next weekend....looks like we need to pack our sled too, eh?

Traci said...

Kollen-
Darece Miller told me you had a blog so I had to take a peek. I can't believe how much your kids have grown up. We have a blog too! fraidenburgfam.blogspot.com. Come and visit! It is so good to see that your family is doing well. I am going to keep checking up on your blog!

Love,
Traci Fraidenburg

LeAnn said...

Hi Kollen, I can't believe how grown up your kids are now. Did I ever tell you we ran into some of your friends from St. George? They couldn't stop talking about how great you are and they miss you a lot. Thanks for visiting our blog.

LaDonna and Ben said...

Kollen,
I'm so excited that you have a blog too and I just realized that I need to spy on Jaelyns as well. One thing my kids really miss about Utah is the snow. In fact last christmas they said, "Mom, how can it be christmas with no snow?" I actually don't miss it so much. I echo Jaelyn's comment, your kids are darn cute.