Friday, July 10, 2009

Funny things

So here are some funny/interesting things going on here.

The difference between Morgan and Austin.

The other night I called the kids in for dinner and they wanted to keep playing so I said, "fine." Well when they came in I was trying to get Ashdon to sleep and so I couldn't get their dinner for them right then. Well Morgan sits there and whines I'm so hungry, I can't wait. Well Austin bounds down the stairs and I asked where he was going. He says, "To get my own dinner of course!" He's a go getter and won't wait for me. He'll take care of himself. We've always said we could leave all the kids here for a week without us and Aden and Morgan would starve to death and Austin would survive.

Maryn was taking care of Ashdon while I finished up Austins reading lesson. (By taking care of I mean she was entertaining him while he was still in his bed) She put her doll in the crib oh did I fail to mention that it was in a large stroller, and every other toy imaginable. Then she comes running out with his blanket wrapped behind her back yelling I'm Suppppper Rynnnners!!

Last night in the middle of the night she threw up. When I went to clean up her bed I noticed that she had tried to clean up her own puke with a towel from the closet. How sad is that. Cute too.

Right before she went to bed she was crying because she wanted popcorn. Well she'd already brushed her teeth and it was time for bed so I said "firmly" Maryn go upstairs get your jammies and go to bed right now. She ran off crying but came back down with her jammies and stammering says, "Mommy, I don't like you screaming at me (and I promise I didn't scream at her)." I said, "Well you need to listen and it's time to go to bed." And in little sobs, "I just really want some popcorn." All in all I'm glad I didn't let her have that goldfish were nasty enough to clean up the second time around.

Austin smelled the popcorn and this is the conversation Adam overheard. Austin was talking to Aden. "Dad made popcorn and we just brushed our teeth. Why do they always make popcorn after we go to bed. I loovve popcorn."

6 comments:

Tony, Julie and family! said...

So funny Kollen....it's great you're writing all this down so you don't forget....you mean mommy you! LOL ;)

Kamille said...

I didn't even want to make my kids dinner tonight, so Syd made cereal for herself, Macy and Maegan ate a bagel with cream cheese, and Sadie has been in bed for and hour and a little by now. At least I read a book to Sadie and Maegan. I'm just too tired to care. Ever been there? No. You are perfect.

mariann and Tory said...

That is way to funny! I am glad you are writing this stuff down!!

TisforTonya said...

thanks goodness you avoided the extra snacks before the puking...

it's sweet that she tried to clean it up... I'm looking forward to the day when all of mine are able to clean up their own messes of that type because maybe then I'LL puke less ??? I am one mom with a very weak stomach!

Lyndsay said...

Your kids are so cute and sweet. You always have funny little stories to tell about them, so fun! :)

Staying Young in Vegas said...

You are so good to write these things down. I think I will remember them forever, but I don't...and I only have 2 to remember!