Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random Goings On

We were sitting around watching a show and this guy had tattoos all over him. So I was trying to help the kids know that we don't like tattoos by saying, "wow, that is so ugly." And what does Austin say, "No it's not, I love it" AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so scared. Although to his credit he did think they could come off like the ones he's been able to try.

We have had the throw ups at our house recently and when you have so many kids it just seems to stick around forever. So if you don't like throw up stories just skip this paragraph. This particular throw up would come on so suddenly that the kids didn't know what was happening. Well austin had breakfast and of course he wants pancakes (pancakes are not the easiest to clean up the 2nd time around) with food coloring - red no less. Yep you guessed it about an hour later he was sick. He comes to me, "Mom, I threw up and I didn't make it to the toilet." That's okay no big deal. If he didn't look like he was knocking on deaths door I think I'd have made him clean it up. He spewed on the carpet (I'd just barely cleaned and returned the carpet cleaner 3 days before) a trail to the bathroom, on the wall, etc. And then it was as though he'd tilted his head up toward the ceiling (the lid was closed also) and shot it forward. It was everywhere, on the wall, the toilet lid, down the toilet. I had to clean the toilet 3 times and the rest of the bathroom as well. It was nasty. I wanted to throw up after it was all said and done. Even Aden missed my toilet and threw up all over the place. Cheeze - its ! Need I say more. And then he didn't even say anything like Hey mom I just heaved all over your bathroom so don't sit on the toilet. Nothing. Morgan threw up once and then she wanted to go to church. Seriously it's like it didn't even bother her at all. All of the other kids were green and pasty looking and would throw up every 20 minutes for about 6 hours. Austin in particular looked awful. He had it coming out of both ends so had to change clothes a lot. I would find him laying in the hallway naked trying to find more underwear or jammies. He looked liked a Holocaust victim all skin and bones. It was gruesome. So that's enough of that moving on.

Yesterday I was doing laundry and of course the piles both clean and dirty were piled high. I tend to on a regular basis throw the clean clothes in front of the linen closet to folled the clothes at my earliest convenience. Well I throw so more clean clothes on the ever growing pile and about 10 minutes later when I'm transfering the clothes from washer to dryer the pile starts moving. What in the world is going on. Well Austin pops out, he'd slept on the first shelf of the linen closet and I woke him up when I threw more clothes in front of him.

Ashdon is getting teeth every time I look in his mouth it seems there's a new one there. He's all over the place and getting into everything. Last night he stood up and then just stood there longer than he ever has. I think he'll be walking soon.

The other day I was watching some kids and I came down to find that one of the girls was giving Maryn a hair cut. I could believe it. I was sooo mad. The pile of hair on the ground was all I could focus on, she had beautiful hair and a big pile of it lay on the ground. I'm thinking to myself It's just hair it will grow back, it's not worth going to jail over, don't hurt anybody. Just kidding. I did tell the girl to go be with her big sister for a while because I needed to calm down a bit. I called my sister got expert advice on what to do and now she has some layers in her hair. You can't even tell that someone chopped it. So shew.

Morgan found some tampons laying around and asked what they were for. Well I don't want her to think that those topics make me uncomfortable but where do you draw the line? How much info is too much. I told her what it was for and then asked was that too much information and she said no and then hasn't said a thing about it since.

2 comments:

Kamille said...

I hate the stomach flu. I had it a while back and then had to clean up my own "didn't make it to the toilet" mess. Who takes care of the mom when she's sick? And yea for Morgan and her knowing what a tampon is. Good thing she didn't have you explain how to make it work...

mariann and Tory said...

Oh I can't even imagine what the smell was like at your casa! I am so sorry! I remember growing up we had 1 bathroom and all 8 kids got the stomach flu! Do I really need to say anything more...one...1...bathroom!