Monday, July 7, 2008

Aden's Baptism



Aden was baptized this last Saturday. It was a wonderful day. We had so much support from family and friends that is was just beautiful. It was stake baptisms but there was only one other girl getting baptized so we were able to personalize it a bit. Grandma and Papa Moore both gave wonderful, thoughtful prayers and Papa Marchant gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost. He really personalized it for both of the kids and made them feel special and loved. Both Papa's were the witnesses and of course all the priesthood family got to stand in the circle. It was short and sweet and the spirit was really strong. I think I should have cut Aden's hair but we've worked so hard to get it this long that I didn't want to. He didn't either but would have let me when it came right down to it. What a good boy. He's always trying to do what is right. Afterwards we had a luncheon at the stake center. It was nice because I didn't have to do a whole lot. Everyone pitched in and helped a ton. I got to sit and enjoy my food and talk with everyone there. Thank you to everyone who traveled with gas prices so incredibly high and the family and friends who are here and took time out of their busy schedules to spend it with us. I just couldn't have asked for a better time. The whole weekend was just wonderful and I worked my butt off to get the house in order. It was almost there and now it is totally destroyed again. On the fourth we spent the day at home laughing and joking and dinking around. That night we went to Adee's (my sister) house and it was so nice. We had great food and a lot of talking and laughing. It was a very comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere. And when your blending two families that is pretty amazing. Plus we had fireworks and people all around us had illegal ones. They were fun to watch. Aden loves to light the fireworks which is rather scary and Maryn was freaking out when she would hear loud crackles and pops. It was great. Good food, Good Fun, Good Times. Thanks everyone I love you all. (I'll have 4th pictures posted after the batteries are charged up)

4 comments:

Chels said...

Congrats Aden! I think baptisms are one of the neatest things. I cried like a baby when Tiaree was baptized! It's hard to think of them getting older and making such important decisions. But it's nice to know they can make them. I'm glad it was a nice relaxing day for you!

Kamille said...

I'm so happy for your special day. I love when things that are supposed to be great end up being as great as you want. Good work Mom!

Traci said...

That is so great, but I swear he is not that old. He looks so grown up. Congrats

Chelsi said...

I'm so glad that it all went well. Congratulations, Aden! What a good kid!