Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bowling Bonanza

So this week we were able to go bowling with Adam's work. Our kids love bowling and no one else plays with us on our lane because there are so many of us. We have a good time. Morgan is all girl. . . She is awkward when she bowls. She would keep getting the ball stuck on the top of the bumper. Keep in mind the bumper is to help young ones keep it out of the gutter. Well it did that she just threw it right on top of the gutter. Needless to say she came in last place with a whopping 67. It was funny the kids were helping Maryn bowl. Well Morgan was helping her and got Maryn a spare. She was so mad. She said, "I can't get myself a spare just Maryn!" Aden was hilarious to watch. He would run throw the ball and then land on the ground and watch until the ball hit the pins. He would be in the way of the other lane and he just look funny. He'd hold his hand way back kind of like professional bowlers only really exaggerated. He got a couple of strikes and spares but was still second to last at 77. Well Austin had a hard time carrying the heavy ball but would throw it. It would move so slowwwwwwlllllllly till it got to the end and most of the time he did pretty good. He came in fourth with 89. Now maryn would just run there with the kids and pretty much watch them bowl. She just loved it though, it was great. Oddly enough with such varied help she scored 90. Now this next player was hilarious. He trailed the whole game and for a while Austin was even ahead of him until the end when he actually pulled a strike out from somewhere. It was quite comical. Adam bowled terrible. I think it was the bumpers they must have thrown his game off. He was so happy that he beat both Maryn and Austin and didn't have to be humiliated to much by the game. I assured him I would let everyone know the truth about bowling. He wouldn't have to worry. He ended with a score of 97. Now for me. Considering I probably shouldn't even be bowling I didn't do to bad. I couldn't bend over with the ball so basically I would just walk up to the line swing back and drop the ball because bending over about killed me. Well WOOHOOO I came in first. I scored 136. Pretty great. I don't often beat Adam but it feels good when I do. So yeah me I'm the weiner!!! Other than that our week was pretty normal oh yeah except for the loud pop and smoke coming out from under the car. That was fun. It turned out to be some hoses on the air conditioner. You'd think cheap and easy to fix. Of course not, detailed and expensive. Great! The only good thing is that I had just taken Adee to the airport and have her car so that I am not totally stranded while the car gets fixed. Small blessings but right now I'll take anything! Love to all.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

136!!! I'm ecstatic if I pass 100 when I'm non-pregnant and totally healthy. Way to go!

mariann and Tory said...

HA! Tell Adam I could totally take him in bowling with bumpers! I so rock with them in...not so much without! Don't you love bowling with kids! Awesome!

Kamille said...

Way to bowl! You always impress me, but now you are just showing off!! Thanks for the love notes on my blog. Love to you!!

The Gibsons said...

Hi Kollen,
It was nice to read your blog. Way to go on the 136!!! I never get that high. Congrats on expecting a new little one. Glad to hear your doing well.